Are you a photographer struggling to attract more clients? If the answer is yes, Look no further. These tips below will help you grow your business.
1. Dont just sit there, Get up and look for the clients.If you are not willing to network and sell your service to people, you will loose potential income. To become a successful photographer you will need to step out of your comfort zone and meet new people.
You dont have to be a professional sales person. All you need is passion and drive for what you do. Love your work and people will do the same.
When you meet new people, tell them about the experience they would get from working with you. Paint a picture in their minds on how it will make them feel. Talk about what makes your product or service unique. Explain the benefits of your product or service.
In the same way, explain to them the process of working with you.
2. Explore different ways you can promote yourself. Dont be scared to explore different platforms. Make use of both traditional and digital marketing strategies.
Everyday make it a priority to write down different ideas on ways you can promote yourself. Make sure to use this list everyday and cross out ideas that are not actionable.
3. Traffic is keyA beautiful website does not guarantee any traffic. The problem is most photographers put in a lot of effort into creating a beautiful website when they should be trying to drive more traffic to their site. The more visitors you have to your site, the higher the chances of maximizing your sales.
Learn the different SEO techniques or you can hire an SEO expert to help you. The time and money you invest determines the result you will get.
Also, it is important that your website is mobile friendly or else google will down rank it.
4. Work with other business owners in your areaCollaborate and network with different business owners in your area. Dont be greedy when networking, support others in your network and they would be willing to do the same for you.
think of places where you can find potential clients like coffee shops, spas, hairdresser and so on. Meet with the owners and ask if you can promote your product or service.
In the same way, you can design a beautiful postcard or flyer and hand it out to people you meet. You can include discount offers or other promotional techniques you feel is appropriate.
If you dont have a newsletter you should get one. In the meantime, you can collaborate with other business owners that have newsletters. Offer to do a portrait session for them or you send them some beautiful pictures and then have the owner of the business recommend you in their newsletter. In like manner, you can decorate a local shop, restaurant, café with your photographs and then give them your business card so they can distribute to their customers who need your service.
Alternatively, you can organize a get together with other business owners. You can organize events that give you the opportunity to promote your services. For example, if you photograph new born babies, create an event for mothers to come and hear you talk about infant photography. This is a fun way to promote your product or services to people while educating them at the same time.
5. Get a mentor. A good mentoring relationship can give you a competitive advantage. It is important that you have a mentor that can help you succeed, especially at the early stages of your carreer.